As per Section 4(3) of the Act, the following inventions are not patentable in Bhutan:
- discoveries, scientific theories and mathematical methods;
- schemes, rules or methods for doing business, performing purely mental acts or playing games;
- methods for treatment of the human or animal body by surgery or therapy, as well as diagnostic methods practised on the human or animal body.
TYPES PATENT APPLICATIONS IN BHUTAN
- Ordinary Application
- Convention Patent Application
- Divisional Patent Application