The proprietor of the design should submit/file a duly completed application form as contemplated under section 5 of the Indian Designs Act 2000 along with the following information:
- Two copies of six images or views (front, rear, top, bottom, left side, right side, perspective view) of the article;
- Name and address of the Applicant;
- Legal Status of the Applicant i.e. whether the applicant is an individual, company etc.;
- The requisite official fee for the design application;
- The class in which the design is to be registered and the articles to which the design is to be applied;
- Purpose for which the article is to be used.
- A brief statement of novelty on the application along with the representation sheets.