The design shall not be registered in Nepal if:
- it is deemed to make adverse effect in the dignity of any individual or institution or,
- It makes bad affect in the well being and morale of the people in general or in the national interest, or
- If such design has already been registered to the name of other person
- also whether the design to be registered is new and original.
|Relevant Office||Government of Nepal, Ministry of Industry, Department of Industry Tripureshwor, Kathmandu NEPAL|
|Law in Force||Patent, Design and Trade Mark Act, 1965|
|Document(s) required for filing design application||Name of designerDescription of designan application in a formals as specified in Schedule 1 (b), Four copies of such design and maps, and drawings and particulars thereof.A certified copy of the priority document (if any).|
|Prosecution Process||Filing of Design ApplicationExamination of Design ApplicationDecision of RegistrationRegistrationIssue of Registration certificate|
|Registration Term||5 years from the date of registration|
Filling a design application in Nepal
According to the Chapter3, Section 13 (1) of the act:
- A person desirous to register the design of any article manufactured or caused to be manufactured under Section 14, shall submit to the Department, an application in a formals as specified in Schedule 1 (b), together with 4copies of such design and maps, and drawings and particulars thereof.
- (2) The person submitting an application under Sub-Section (1) shall pay, along with the application, the application fee to the department specified in Schedule 3 (2) (a).
Case of Conventional Application
After filing an application at department of industry, Nepal, the applicant can file the same design in the convention country under PCT. The time period for this is 6 months, starting from the date of filing of the first application.