Understanding Patent Application Filing in Bangladesh
Who can file the patent application in Bangladesh?
An application for a patent may be filed by any of the following persons, either alone or jointly with any other person, whether he is a citizen of Bangladesh or not:
- the true and first inventor of the invention;
- the assignee of a person claiming to be the true and first inventor;
- the legal representative of any deceased person who immediately before his/her death was entitled to make such an application.
How to file a Patent Application in Bangladesh?
- Three copies of Patent specification and claims in the English language;
- Three copies/sets of drawing (if any) – one copy/set of which should be printed on tracing paper or cloth as formal drawings.
- Complete details regarding the applicant(s) and inventor(s) (names, nationality and address);
- Duly executed Power of Authority for the Agent;
- A certified copy of the priority document (if any). If the document is in a language other than English, a verified English translation of the same is also required to be filed at the Bangladesh Patent Office.
All the details and other formal documents must be filed in English.
Sources: The Patents and Designs Act, 1911
For more information, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To know more about Patents in Bangladesh click here