Domain name- Registrant’s Rights in India
Registrant is the holder of the .in Internet Domain Name.
In order to establish rights in the Domain name, the registrant can demonstrate rights to or legitimate interests in the domain name by establishing the following factors:
• his use of, or demonstrable preparations to use, the domain name or a name corresponding to the domain name is in connection with a bona fide offering of goods or services;
• he (as an individual, business, or other organization) has been commonly known by the domain name, even if he has acquired no trademark or service mark rights; or
• he is making a legitimate non-commercial or fair use of the domain name, without intent for commercial gain to misleadingly divert consumers or to tarnish the trademark or service mark at issue.
Factors that shall help the Registrant in demonstrating the Registrant’s rights or legitimate use of the disputed domain name are as under:
- Registrant’s use of or preparations to use the domain name or a name corresponding to the domain names
- That the Registrant has been commonly and mostly known by the disputed domain name
- That Registrant has made a legitimate or fair use of domain name.
.IN Registry’s website can be accessed here.
For more information on Domain name registration in India please write to us at: email@example.com