Any person can file a petition to the controller general of patents, designs and trademarks (CPTDM) for cancellation of a registered design on any of the following grounds:
- That the design has been previously registered in India.
- That it has been published in India or in any country prior to the date of registration.
- That the design is not new or original design.
- That the design is not registrable under the Designs Act.
- hat it is not a design as defined under the Act.
For further information on online status of Design Rectification in India, please write to us at email@example.com.