Submission of Cash/Non-Cash Documents-Trademark Registry
The Trade Marks Registry vide its Public Notice dated January 09, 2020 has issued guidelines for the submission of Cash/Non- Cash Documents at the Trade Mark Registry.
According to the Notice, the Guidelines have been issued as the documents submitted at the counter of Trade Marks Registry, Mumbai were not classified properly and due to which the documents were not getting scanned and subsequently digitized. Also, the documents were not distributed properly in the respective sections for necessary actions.
The Notice also states that the documents which are not submitted as per the below given guidelines will not be accepted at the counter:
- All the applications, notices, statements, or other documents served, left or sent, at or to the Registry or with or to the Registrar shall be typewritten and printed in Hindi or in English in legible characters with deep permanent ink upon strong A-4 or legal size on one side only.
- Covering Letter should clearly indicate in the name of the related section (e.g. Letter related to EDP/ Examination/ PRAS/ PARM/ TLA/ TOP/ Journal/ Renewal/ Post Registration, etc.) to which document is submitted, at the top, center of the document in bold and underlined format.
- Subject of the Covering Letter should compulsorily indicate the document/ document type (e.g. Authorization letter, Reply to Examination, etc.) and the Reference number to the Application/Opposition/Rectification and be clearly visible.
- Name of the filer with code and authority under which the same is filed, should be clearly indicated at the first page.
- Bar Code should be affixed on the first page only and in the straight line at the top, right side of the document.
- Personal documents (e.g. PAN card/Aadhar Card/ Bank details, etc.) should NOT be submitted along with any documents (unless specifically asked for),
- Authorization documents for attending hearing should be submitted well in advance before the hearing date.
The Public Notice for Submission of Cash/Non-Cash Documents-Trademark Registry can be accessed here.